Finally it was over! I was so happy to pack all of my things and
get out of that trail. All the mosquito bites and the sweat was annoying and
irritating. Luckily I came prepared for the last day with a jacket for the cold
morning and an umbrella for the mid-afternoon heat. I should have been more
cautious of the bugs that were around me. In got eaten up by everything that
was in the area. I am not sure if I could have done one more day of counting
because I might have had an attitude, with Mother Nature that is.
Among all the bad aspects from
this experience, I learned out important the job CJ and I were tasked with. The
point was to collect ground data to see how accurate the sensor was at counting
trail users. Without that information, both of these days we were on the trails
could have been for nothing. The other students had important tasks as well.
Having this experience has taught me the importance of field work. Also, the
teamwork put into the other students and myself was beneficial. I learned a
great deal from those EKU students. It was only a class for them while I was
doing my job for an internship. As the day went on, I would get a new cycle of
students while I would remain stationary for the full 12 hours. Our work was
going to impact the city of Berea and the data we collect is going to make or
break that project. Working together was imperative to make our goals
achievable. I almost want to say that the bug bites were worth it. However, I
am not enjoying my sessions of itching my body. It is hard to ignore.
Comments
Post a Comment