Who would have thought that this day would come? CJ and I finally
took our sensor to the Stephenson trails. I wish we would have been able to go
to the trail earlier in the week but the weather was our enemy. It took till
today to realize that I am not a fan to this part in our internship. All of
this standing around and waiting for people to pass by is not something I had
looked forward to. It may have been sunny outside but that did not keep the
bugs from flying around us and the heat from making us uncomfortable. Clearly
we did not plan this out enough.
Today was a great example of
the importance of planning ahead. Our attempts to have everything under control
only resulted in chairs to sit on. However, we had no umbrellas to give us
shade, no bug spray to ward off the bugs and we had no gloves to attach the
sensor to a tree. I could have gotten poison ivy today because of that sensor.
The problem was trying to get this testing over with so that we could go home.
We should have taken more time to plan out the day and be prepared for the
waiting game. Even with our misfortune for the day, we have the opportunity to
better ourselves for the next time we venture into the trails. I will not let
us go back out there like we did today. Things are going to be different from
here on out.
Comments
Post a Comment