These past couple of days I have been working from home. This is
not the first time we have done this but it is the first time during a week
day. Ever since the briefing with Scott, our objective has been to get the
software working so that we can test it on the camera ordered by Dr. Hackbert.
The weather has not been kind to us as it has been raining, which has prevented
us from getting more sample data for our algorithms. However, gathering sample
data is not what I was worried about. Working from home seemed to be harder
than I thought it was. Whenever I am taken away from an environment of work, I
tend to procrastinate more often because there is no one to keep me on track. I
have been this way ever since high school.
I realized that I am the one who
is holding myself back. Everything was moving smoother when I was working with
CJ in the same room. It all comes back to effective communication. If meeting
up in the lab is not part of the plan. I make an effort to keep our
communication as efficient as possible. If it means that we call each other
through messenger then so be it. I have to do what it takes to overcome this
procrastination. It is not benefiting our work and I have to keep my work ethic
on part with CJ's work ethic. I should find a place where there are more people
around. Having people in the area will make me more focused. Others can hold me
accountable for my work and can keep me on task.
Have you tried going to a Cafe to work, or the Library?? With there being people there, that might help you, I have the same problem so When I want to really work on my personal blog, I end up going to BC&T, sit in the back, and blare music in my headphones.
ReplyDelete