It looks like our tasks
are going to get tougher on our end from now until the end of the internship.
After holding a brief meeting with Dr. Hackbert and Dr. Summers, I realized
that there is still a great deal of work to be done. It did not occur to me
until Friday that we were without our supervisors so we would need to catch
Scott up when he returns as soon as possible. Sure we have Dr. Hackbert but
even he is not on the same page with our progress.
Lately we have been in
the middle of miscommunication between our supervisors and Dr. Hackbert. There
was a misunderstanding of our job specifically versus our job to the overall
project. Luckily we had this meeting because we were able to inform him on any
misunderstandings that may have still existed. It was easily one of the
challenges I have had this internship. Not having meetings together with our
supervisors had thrown us off track and we were switching back and forth
between what we need to do and what is easy to do.
Scott is going to be
returning to Berea Monday so everything should be back on track come next week.
Hopefully we do not run into this problem again as we get closer to the end of
this internship. I'll do my best to keep Scott informed on everything we say
and do for Dr. Hackbert so we do not have to play "catch up" with
him.
It was time to be
independent and start using free time to keep this project moving forward. CJ
and I went to the trails and took pictures of different locations to place the
cameras. Sure we could have done that next week but it makes our work easier if
we can eliminate any time wasted during the week. Even I can work on my
independence because I hesitate to work on the weekends. However, the time has
come to step up my work ethic. I need to be more diligent and meet the
deadlines we have been assigned.
Comments
Post a Comment