I found something useful to our project. It took a great deal of
time but I was finally able to put together code that benefits our algorithms.
However, I did not get it working yet. Somehow I am not surprised by the
results. Back when I was working within my computer science courses, I always
the supportive partner in my group. My partner would always be the mastermind
behind all the code while I checked for errors and commented on ideas they had.
Having only reached this far with my code reminded me of those times. Suddenly, those challenges I had back then have found their way back to my work.
My problem is interpreting
code. Most of the time I cannot look at a piece of code and tell what is wrong
with it. However, when someone else explains it to me it suddenly all makes
sense. I cannot believe after coming so far on this internship I am still
having these problems. Interpreting code comes naturally to CJ. He is consistently
flying through code like he has been born to write it. I wanted to have
something to offer and have more of a contribution to the project. I know how I
can overcome this.
I need to spend more time
researching the problem before I give up and ask CJ. Too many times have I
tried to fix code and suddenly gave up on the first attempt. You never know
what five minutes on google might do for you. Giving up is not going to be an option anymore. We are on week five of our internship and we cannot afford to slow down now. Research is going to be my strategy to prevent these obstacles from appearing in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment