Today was preparation for the presentations for both the EPG group and the URCPP. Yet another hardcore critique was given and it was worth it. Sometimes you do not see something from your angle and it takes someone else's perspective to realize the mistake. This is not the only time I have had to struggle with this. It is just like how I thought I knew enough about the project to answers other people's questions. I was sadly mistaken. I know enough to get by but I am not where I need to be if I were presenting to crowd that is prepared to question everything.
I had the same problem when I was taking the Databases course here in Berea. I was given the presenter role for the group so I was in charge of explaining to the class what we have been doing with our work. For a great deal of those days, I did not do so well. I would always have to refer them to another student in our group who knew how to answer the question more accurately. This would continue to happen for the majority of the term. I eventually reached a point where I could get through an entire presentation confidently. However, it took longer than I thought to reach that point.
Those tendencies are starting to come back to me and I do not want to be put into that position again. I need to look back into what we are doing and have a better understanding of our work. If I want to be able to contribute to this presentation, I need to know exactly what I am talking about.
I had the same problem when I was taking the Databases course here in Berea. I was given the presenter role for the group so I was in charge of explaining to the class what we have been doing with our work. For a great deal of those days, I did not do so well. I would always have to refer them to another student in our group who knew how to answer the question more accurately. This would continue to happen for the majority of the term. I eventually reached a point where I could get through an entire presentation confidently. However, it took longer than I thought to reach that point.
Those tendencies are starting to come back to me and I do not want to be put into that position again. I need to look back into what we are doing and have a better understanding of our work. If I want to be able to contribute to this presentation, I need to know exactly what I am talking about.
Comments
Post a Comment