Our presentation was a huge success! Everyone was really impressed
with what we have done with the project thus far. Both CJ and I did our part
and set the bar high for other group presentations. Not only was the
presentation successful but there were a great deal of people who asked us
questions. I never knew some many people were so curious about our project. It
was not until today that I realized how import this project could mean to the
people of Berea.
It is surprising to me how this
internship can change the label of Berea to the public. Our presentation has
given me a better understanding on the project as a whole. This projects has
more than just an impact on Berea's health but also its economic growth. These
trails can attract tourists to area and get them to stay and spend money while
they are here. Furthermore, this kind of work has never been done before. We
would be the first to complete such a task and other would likely follow.
The realization of this work
being the start of something greater is surprising to me. I have never been a
part of something that mattered this much to a community. This can be the start
of something greater. I am curious as to where this project will end up 10
years from now.
Having Matt Jadud gone is going
to be unfortunate. He is a great professor and has made himself a place in this
community that is irreplaceable. I do not believe I could have gotten this far
without him. Advisory meetings with him are always casual and we talk like we
have known each other for years. He is onto better things now and I hope it
leads him to good fortune.
Comments
Post a Comment