CJ and I had another meeting with Dr. Hackbert and Dr. Summers,
only this time Scott was there to provide his input on the situation at hand.
Not much has happened since our last meeting. We have only been able to work
with software until the hardware comes in the mail. Furthermore, it will be the
first time I have done anything like this before. Using cameras and sensors is
going to be a new field of learning for me as the only cameras I have every
handled were models that still required you to switch frames manually.
Hopefully we will get these cameras next week so we can actually get ground
data for our algorithms.
Once we get the cameras, we
will have to do what I think is the most boring part of this internship. We
have to count people as the camera is to insure that we know how accurate the
camera can be. This kind of work will require us to sit out on the trails for
at least eight hours of the day. It can only get worse if the weather is bad
like rain or extreme heat. However, it might not be all that bad. The payoff
from this experience can prove useful. This exercise can give me the experience
on what it is like to create your own data in a workplace. Not only would I be
able to apply this knowledge to my future career but also to anything that requires
hard data to compose a margin of error. After this internship, I plan to use my
new-found knowledge to expand my arsenal of skills for the future.
Comments
Post a Comment