Yesterday, Dr. Heggan, CJ, and I put together a final schedule for
the remaining days we have left on our internship. The reality of the situation
is that we do not have as much time as we expected. The end of this internship
has snuck up on us and now we have to work around a crunch time. We are not
likely to have the 4th of July free because of the amount of work we have to
complete. I was not very fond of this idea but we had no choice. With this
presentation that Dr. Hackbert wants us to give to the Berea community, CJ and
I have less than a week to complete this task. However this would not be as
hard as it seems. The presentation we are asked to give is only supposed to be
five to ten minutes long. I had an ace up my sleeve.
Back when I was in GSTR 110, I
had to give a five minute presentation on a topic of my choice. However, I
could not look at the screen and it had to be on a timer. I was only in control
of what I was saying and the key was to know how much to say on each slide
before transitioning to the next slide. It was hard but it proved useful when
learning about presentation techniques. I plan to use that skill set on this
portion of the project. To be swift with our pacing, little to no words will be
on the screen. Also, our focus will not be on the Computer Science aspect of
the project but the health and economic value to the city. I feel that we can
make this work with my previous knowledge for presenting. CJ might be worried
but I can reassure him. We will make it through the week.
Comments
Post a Comment