Today I finally grouped up with my partner CJ. At first I didn't know if I knew him but it turns out that I had class with him back when I took CSC 236. It was good to know that I would be working with someone who I have worked with before. My task for the day was to read about OpenCV to get a better understanding of what we will be working with. OpenCV has multiple libraries. The program uses a method called cvCapture which is used as a location to house all of the information related to the data. It is like a database for all incoming methods from the cv library. More is to be investigated but that is all I was able to read.
These past couple of days I have been working from home. This is not the first time we have done this but it is the first time during a week day. Ever since the briefing with Scott, our objective has been to get the software working so that we can test it on the camera ordered by Dr. Hackbert. The weather has not been kind to us as it has been raining, which has prevented us from getting more sample data for our algorithms. However, gathering sample data is not what I was worried about. Working from home seemed to be harder than I thought it was. Whenever I am taken away from an environment of work, I tend to procrastinate more often because there is no one to keep me on track. I have been this way ever since high school. I realized that I am the one who is holding myself back. Everything was moving smoother when I was working with CJ in the same room. It all comes back to effective communication. If meeting up in the lab is not part of the plan. I make an effort to keep our ...
Comments
Post a Comment