Most of the day today was spent trying to install OpenCV. It is not as easy as it looks. We ran into a great deal of problems because of the countless updates and packages that we needed. However, all that work suddenly stopped after a briefing at eh Municipal Building. During the meeting, Peter, Paul, Lorina, Scott, CJ, and myself were discussing about the Boone Trace trail project. We were soon told that our focus should not be on the OpenCV but on placing the cameras throughout the trails to see if they can work. I learned that we cannot be focusing on a program for the cameras without knowing if the cameras work in the first place. It was important that we practice with the cameras sooner than later because mistakes will be made. I do not expect us to get it right in the first run-through. A breif meeting with Scott gave CJ and I a great To-Do list for the next day. I suddenly realized that we may not have trouble getting those 40 hours a week anymore.
These past couple of days I have been working from home. This is not the first time we have done this but it is the first time during a week day. Ever since the briefing with Scott, our objective has been to get the software working so that we can test it on the camera ordered by Dr. Hackbert. The weather has not been kind to us as it has been raining, which has prevented us from getting more sample data for our algorithms. However, gathering sample data is not what I was worried about. Working from home seemed to be harder than I thought it was. Whenever I am taken away from an environment of work, I tend to procrastinate more often because there is no one to keep me on track. I have been this way ever since high school. I realized that I am the one who is holding myself back. Everything was moving smoother when I was working with CJ in the same room. It all comes back to effective communication. If meeting up in the lab is not part of the plan. I make an effort to keep our ...
Comments
Post a Comment