The start of the day felt like a field trip. The walk through the Indian Fork Trail did not seem as long as the it did looking at the map from yesterday. After we found the bridge, we made an effort to take more pictures that we needed. The more pictures we had would allow us to work with more visuals and decrease the chances of having to make multiple trips to the same area. The idea was to get a picture of where the camera would be and where the camera will snapping. Having the right angle is important because we need the cameras to be facing a static background. We do not want he camera to pick up anything unnecessary like counting a person twice or inanimate objects moving past the screen. We took more pictures towards the end of the trail and developed some questions ourselves. It did not makes sense where the new trail would continue from the end of the Indian Fork Trail. Little did we know the trail is supposed to continue down the road towards the Berea Theatre and loop back to the end of Indian Fork Trail. We came across this conclusion after we were able to receive the maps from Paul later that day. Checking out Brushy Fork was not difficult as we are familiar with that area. The pink flags marked the area of the new trail so it made it easy to know the location of future cameras. A great deal of the land will be taken away and the cameras may not be so easy to place as some of the trees do not have many branches. The higher altitude will allow the cameras to pick up people better as they cross the trail. We imagined the day would have went smoother if we had Scott there. We will be sure to ask him questions about tomorrow's duties.
These past couple of days I have been working from home. This is not the first time we have done this but it is the first time during a week day. Ever since the briefing with Scott, our objective has been to get the software working so that we can test it on the camera ordered by Dr. Hackbert. The weather has not been kind to us as it has been raining, which has prevented us from getting more sample data for our algorithms. However, gathering sample data is not what I was worried about. Working from home seemed to be harder than I thought it was. Whenever I am taken away from an environment of work, I tend to procrastinate more often because there is no one to keep me on track. I have been this way ever since high school. I realized that I am the one who is holding myself back. Everything was moving smoother when I was working with CJ in the same room. It all comes back to effective communication. If meeting up in the lab is not part of the plan. I make an effort to keep our ...
Comments
Post a Comment