Today was probably the most amount of work CJ and I have had to do. We had to do everything from finding an article to experimentation with code. We decided to take matters into our own hands and take our own pictures to test with. The waiting game is starting to drag on for too long; we need to start getting things done, with or without help. All it took was CJ's camera and bike and suddenly we had enough to work with. There is still work to be done. All of the documents and files to be sent to President Lyle need to be worked on and the rest of the day was to accomplish that task. By the end of the day, CJ managed to get the code to load the video. it looks like we may be one step closer to figuring this algorithm out. Now we need the article about the trails to provide more details to the summary that will be sent to President Lyle.
These past couple of days I have been working from home. This is not the first time we have done this but it is the first time during a week day. Ever since the briefing with Scott, our objective has been to get the software working so that we can test it on the camera ordered by Dr. Hackbert. The weather has not been kind to us as it has been raining, which has prevented us from getting more sample data for our algorithms. However, gathering sample data is not what I was worried about. Working from home seemed to be harder than I thought it was. Whenever I am taken away from an environment of work, I tend to procrastinate more often because there is no one to keep me on track. I have been this way ever since high school. I realized that I am the one who is holding myself back. Everything was moving smoother when I was working with CJ in the same room. It all comes back to effective communication. If meeting up in the lab is not part of the plan. I make an effort to keep our ...
Comments
Post a Comment