The purpose of today was to record all the data we collected from
the trails onto an Excel sheet. It was important to have all of this data on a
shareable sheet so that the numbers can easily be interpreted and analyzed.
However, I ran into a problem. The counts were supposed to be recorded and
replaced every hour. Instead, the ones who counted at the Stephenson trail were
not starting and ending at the top of every hour. This would normally not be a
problem but the sensors only record its counts at the top of every hour, which
means comparing the data will not prove efficient. I was hesitant to even put
the data on the Excel sheet because I would have to do more work by providing
the separate times. However, this did not stop me from doing my job. I decided
to record the data so that CJ and I would have it for later use.
I could have easily stopped and
called it a day. I did not want to fix a problem that was not caused by me.
People should take responsibility of their own actions. The thought of taking
care of someone else's mess turns my head. Then I thought about the project as
a whole. How could I sit here and let something like this slip past me? I did
not come this far to drop everything and walk away. If I am going to start
strong, I will finish strong! To conclude this blog I will say this: I regret
nothing from this experience. All of those days working long and hard on this
project are unforgettable. Thank you Scott and Matt for the opportunity!
Comments
Post a Comment